What Does My Property Insurance Policy Cover?

Each insurance policy is different, but most policies that provide coverage for property damage include the following:

  • Weather damage caused by wind, hail, or excessive rain, but not flooding;
  • Catastrophic damage, as opposed to ordinary wear-and-tear, from incidents like pipes bursting; and
  • Damage due to criminal activity like vandalism or burglary.

If you cannot use your property until repairs are made, many policies will cover at least some of the cost of temporary living or working arrangements, such as renting a hotel room.

Flood insurance is usually a separate policy that is available through the National Flood Insurance Program. A typical property insurance policy will cover damage from water that comes from above your property, like rain, or water that comes from within your property, like a burst pipe, but not floodwaters.


“If you choose an attorney choose one that is going to give you results and treat you like a human and not just a number!!!”
– Paula Guzman

Read More From Our Clients

For More Information

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Contact Us